This page lists past members of the Mathematical Physics group who have left since summer 2000.
- Dr Anastasia Doikou, Dr Anastasia Doikou, EPSRC Fellow working on integrable spin chains and other solvable statistical systems, moved to Annecy on a postdoc within the EC FP5 Network 'EUCLID', then back to Greece and is now Reader at Heriot-Watt.
- Dr Pascal Baseilhac, Marie-Curie Fellow, who worked on integrable quantum field theories, left to start a postdoctoral fellowship with Ryu Sasaki at the Yukawa Institute in Kyoto in November 2001; he now holds a permanent CNRS position in Tours.
- Dr Nicolai Kitanine, EPSRC PDRA, who worked on integrable lattice models, left to start a postdoctoral fellowship with Michio Jimbo at the University of Tokyo in November 2001; he now holds a permanent position at Cergy-Pontoise.
- Professor Reidun Twarock, Marie-Curie Fellow, moved to a lectureship at the Department of Mathematics at the City University London in March 2001; she was a member of the Statistical Mechanics and Algebra group led by Paul Martin. Her interests have moved towards Mathematical Biology and she is now back at York, first as a Reader jointly in the departments of Mathematics and Biology, and an EPSRC Advanced Fellow, now Professor and member of YCCSA.
- Dr Liu Zhao Visitor from Bo-Yu Hou's group at the Institute of Modern Physics, Northwest University, Xian, China, was here from January to September 2000 on a Royal Society visiting fellowship with additional PPARC support. After leaving York he spent 3 months at the ICTP, Trieste, before returning to Xian.
- Dr Tomasz Brzezinski moved to the Department of Mathematics at Swansea in 2000 with his EPSRC Advanced Research Fellowship and is now a Professor.
- Dr Clare Dunning, EPSRC Fellow, moved to a postdoctoral position at the University of Queensland, Brisbane and is now Senior Lecturer at Kent.
- Dr Mitch Pfenning, EPSRC PDRA, is now an Associate Professor at the United States Military Academy, West Point.
- Dr Davide Fioravanti, Leverhulme Trust, moved to the University of Trento and is now at the University of Bologna.
- Dr Nicolas Crampe, EUCLID RTN Young Researcher, moved to SISSA, Trieste and is now at University of Montpellier 2
- Dr Vincent Caudrelier, EPSRC Research Fellow, now Lecturer at City University.
- Dr Charles Young, PPARC PDRA, moved to the University of Durham and is now Lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Dr Simone Severini, EPSRC PDRA 2003-6, has moved to the University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Professor Shasanka Roy, EPSRC Visiting Professor 2005-6, has returned to the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- Dr Benoit Vicedo, EPSRC PDRA, is now a Lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Dr Boris Noyvert, Marie-Curie Fellow, moved to Warwick Systems Biology Centre as a Research Fellow.
Back to the Top